The Boxing Lesson is a rock band from Austin, TX. A power trio with synthesizers performing the bass player’s role, they create a mammoth psychedelic ‘wall of sound’ that begins minimally and builds into grand orchestrations. Vocalist and guitarist Paul Waclawsky, synthesizer player Jaylinn Davidson, and 14-year-old drumming prodigy Ben Redman combine strong songwriting with desert rock, guitar freak-outs, soul space jams and plenty of Texas rock ’n’ roll thunder. Their upcoming Big Hits! LP is produced by Chris “Frenchie” Smith.
- RT @CruAustin: Can't wait! RT @acllive #TheWineDown #RexGoliath WED 5/22 @theboxinglesson @CruAustin @GamedayCloth @finleysformen! http://t… 23 hours ago
- RT @acllive: Join us! #TheWineDown by #RexGoliath continues WED 5/22 w/ @theboxinglesson @CruAustin @GamedayCloth @finleysformen! http://t.… 1 day ago
- Our new full length, Big Hits!, is out and about. #newmusic theboxinglesson.bandcamp.com 3 days ago
- RT @same_sky_prod: Listening to new #theboxinglesson "Big Hits!" Contains big drums, big guitars, big synth, big sax, big cello. Congrats! 4 days ago
- RT @bvaustin: #theboxinglesson at mohawkaustin now @ The Mohawk instagram.com/p/ZZtqrBsL_K/ 4 days ago
- RT @bvaustin: Tonight: #theboxinglesson #megafauna & #obscuredbyechos mohawkaustin @ The Mohawk instagram.com/p/ZZgbetML1A/ 4 days ago
- RT @cloudsareghosts: Really stoked about @theboxinglesson album release tonight @mohawkaustin w/@MegafaunaATX and @ObscuredEchoes. See you … 4 days ago